Register here for this webinar (FREE)
Membrana, in conjunction with Power Magazine, invites you to our upcoming webinar on improving efficiency and realizing cost savings in steam deaearation. Speaker, and long-time power industry specialist, Bob Markle, discusses the use of innovative membrane degassing technology in boiler feedwater streams to reduce the dissolved O2 load on the deaerator to achieve lower vent rates. Minimizing energy waste, cutting fuel costs and decreasing water use are some of the benefits that may be realized, resulting in significant operating savings for power plants.
Plant expansions and increasing flow rates can be particularly troubling when using conventional steam deaerators because they can become overloaded and performance drops significantly. Vent rates are typically very high to allow for the necessary release of dissolved oxygen. Additionally, many plants are simply not designed for the installation of additional steam deaerators due to lack of available space. Systems designed with Liqui-Cel® Membrane Contactors are compact and can be used to augment existing capacity to meet changing feedwater flow demands or to reduce the dissolved oxygen (DO) concentration entering the deaerator to keep vent rates low.
Aside from reducing deaerator vent rates, controlling dissolved gases with Liqui-Cel® Membrane Contactors can help to alleviate severe damage to plant equipment, pitting corrosion in boilers and piping, and the negative impact gases can have on heat exchange surfaces. Lower downtime risk, decreased chemical use and reduced maintenance all contribute to reducing the costs for plants producing steam.
Along with cost savings, efficiency improvement and reducing risk, additional information will also be presented on application areas within a power plant and how membrane contactors are commonly used.
• Lower operating costs and improve performance of steam deaeration
• Minimize deaerator vent rates to reduce fuel consumption and energy waste
• Understand where and how degassing membranes are used in power plant feedwater
• Learn about the advantages of using advanced membrane degassing technology
Who Should Attend?
• Plant managers who are looking for ways to quickly lower operating costs and reduce downtime risk
• Plant engineers who are interested in increasing plant efficiency
• Chemists and water treatment experts working with power plants
• Power plant operations personnel looking for ways to lower chemical use and reduce environmental impact
Membrana is a market-leading producer of microporous membrane and membrane devices used in industrial gas transfer and filtration applications. The Industrial & Specialty Filtration Group manufactures Liqui-Cel® Membrane Contactors which are used to add and remove gases to and from liquids in many water system processes. O2 removal and CO2 removal are common applications. Liqui-Cel® Membrane Contactors are capable of achieving < 1ppb O2 and < 1ppm CO2 without chemicals.